Interview With Cascade Media Group CMG Wave Of The Future Series North Carolina A&T School of Science & Technology, Biology, Avery Pardue Objective: To become a doctor a make meaningful changes in the fields of healthcare and public health.
Education: North Carolina Agriculture & Technical State University Greensboro, NC
Major: B.S., Biology-Premed; Cumulative GPA: 3.84 May 2021 NCAT Honors Program
Research/ Field Work Experience:
North Carolina A&T State University Greensboro, NC
Researcher Jan 2017- Present
• Assisted Dr. Robert Newman with research and other assigned task
• Researched the effects of oxidation on the kinase-substrate interactions between ERK2 and hBCATc.
• Participated in the Sophomore Immersion Program for Research and Academics (SIPRA)
• Presented a PowerPoint presentation on “The Effects of Redox Modification on ERK2- and PKA-mediated Phosphorylation of hBCATm” to the local community
Bluford Healthcare Leadership Institute May 28-June 12, 2019
• An intense professional development program focused on learning healthcare leadership and policy from leading executives in the field.
Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) June 22-Aug. 4, 2019
• Academic enrichment in the basic sciences and quantitative topics.
• Clinical exposure through small-group rotations in health care settings, simulation experiences, and seminars
• Exposed to a larger view of health care, health systems, and the social determinants of health.
ELIMU Learning Center Tutor Jan. 2018- May 2018
• Worked with immigrant and refugee students, grades K-12
Hampton Elementary School Mentor Jan. 2018- Present
• Assist various grade levels with various course material
• Provide additional assistance to the lead teacher when necessary
ISA Service-Learning Sept. 2019- Dec. 2019
· Worked with students, grades 2nd-5th, teaching English at Colegio San Jose.
• GlaxoSmithKline Scholar May 2018
• Chancellor’s List Aug. 2017- May 2018
• Member of Mentoring Minority Males in Medicine Jan. 2018-Present
• Greensboro Collegiate Institute Member Jan. 2018-Aug. 2019
• Mr. Tri-Beta of Tri-Beta Biological Honor Society Aug. 2018-Present
• Thurgood Marshal Scholar Aug. 2019